“Wood” is one of the radicals of Chinese characters. Most of the characters with “wood” as meaning symbols are related to trees or wood products, and can be roughly divided into: ①nouns related to trees, such as: Gui, camphor, handle, pole; ②Verbs related to trees, such as: planting, planting, Analyze; ③Adjectives related to trees, such as: dry, rotten, soft.
Wood (Pinyin: mù), a first-level Chinese standard Chinese character. This character was first seen in the Shang Dynasty oracle bone inscriptions. Its ancient characters resemble trees, with branches and leaves at the top and roots at the bottom. The original meaning of “wood” is tree, and later it refers to wood, timber and all wooden utensils, and specifically refers to coffins. Wood is tough and strong, so “wood” has the meaning of simplicity and loyalty. Secondly, the word “wood” also has the intent of being dumb; it also means feeling insensitive, loss of consciousness, and numbness.
Chinese characters with wooden characters next to it are: shoot, soft, willow, pole, cotton, chun, general, branch, root, plant
1. Shao’s Interpretation:
The thinner end of the strip.
Group words: willow, treetop, tip, yellow tip, tail
2. Liu’s interpretation:
1. Deciduous trees or shrubs. many kinds of. There are weeping willow, dry willow, qi willow and so on. The leaves are long and narrow, and the seeds are hairy. The branches are flexible and can be woven.
2. Star name. One of twenty-eight nights.
Group words: willow, weeping willow, wicker, willow leaf, willow
Three, the interpretation of cotton:
1. Annual or perennial herb or shrub. Cultivated varieties include upland cotton, sea island cotton, tree cotton, grass cotton, etc. Among them, upland cotton is the most widely cultivated. The cotton fiber in the fruit is an important textile material, and the cotton seed can be used to squeeze oil. Commonly known as cotton.
Group words: cotton, cotton clothes, cotton cloth, quilts, cotton robe
4. Interpretation of Zhi:
1. The stems separated from the main stem of the plant.
2. Quantifier, refers to the rod-shaped.
Group words: branches, branches, branches and leaves, stilts, leaf branches
5. Interpretation of Zhi:
3. Refers to plants.
Group words: plants, planting, tree planting, vegetation, transplantation